[PD] 2.6.10-Realtime-lsm pd-0.38-0 x86_64: jackd finally connects

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Jan 24 03:33:20 CET 2005

>> I am using 64 frames (2.67 ms) with jackd and my hammerfall multiface.
>> When I run pd and jackd as root this latency works fine except after
>> 10-20 min I get a whole host of xruns and have to restart both pd and
>> jackd. So it should work at this latency...
>
>hm ... use higher latencies (sorry)

Despite only using at most 15% of my available RT time? (The
percentage of window time available to form audio frames in jack
I think)

It does of course work with higher latencies, but... :(

Also are there known readsf~ problems with x86_64 pd versions?
I cant open a wav file in pd, but I can aplay it just fine.

Lastly I see that tables seem fully writable (not previously
available for x86_64) but how do i test if tabosc(4)~ works
properly if I cannot read in a sound file?

I have been too busy to be smart enough to figure out a simple
test for this.

Thanks again for the help!