[PD] gem and xorg

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 24 16:05:49 CET 2005

cyrille wrote:
> hello,
>
> after a hard crash of my computer, i've got a new system and i'm triing
> to compil gem with Xorg.

good

> i've got one problem with gemWinCreate.

bad

> make gives :
>
> Dans le fichier inclus à partir de GemMan.cpp:41:
> GemWinCreate.h:20:38: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h : Aucun fichier ou
> répertoire de ce type
>
> (this mean that the compiler can't find the file
> "X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h" )

i do not use X.org (yet, as i am on debian (which does not come with
X.org), and i don't see a good reason right now to switch)

anyhow, looking at the X.org-CVS i see, that there should be an
xf86vmode.h file in extensions/
you could/should search where this file is installed onyour system, and
probably add that to your search-path.

> In file included from GemMan.cpp:41:
> GemWinCreate.h:68: error: 'XF86VidModeModeInfo' is used as a type, but
> is not defined as a type.

this is just a result of the above

> the ./configure gives 1 related information :
>
> checking for XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines in -lXxf86vm... (cached) no

is there a libXxf86vm.a somewhere ? (e.g. in /usr/X11R6/lib/)

> i'll be very happy to know what i should do to compil gem...

i'll be very happy to know that gem runs under X.org ...

mfg.a.dr
IOhannes