[PD] send~ and receive~ issues

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 24 17:22:56 CET 2005

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> > But isn't that just a minor overhead?
> sure, the overhead isn't big (maybe there is even some kind of weird
> optimization i haven't found) ...
> still when running a performance patch, i'd like to have as little
> overhead as possible ...

Understandable. However for one, it's not necessary to take care of
ordering everywhere, only at critical locations like delays, and
second: If I'd have to choose between structuring my patch, so I can
understand it better, using abstractions and subpatches or on the
other hand optimizing my patch, I would always choose readability
optimization over speed optimization first. Unless of course I reach
my computer's limits, in which case I would probably optimize in other
places rather than deleting subpatches (like using or writing
externals etc.)

Just my 2ct.

Ciao