[PD] PD and GEM for virtual environments

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Jan 25 17:53:51 CET 2005

Hi,

i've been thinking about this too, but had no time to start it.

>  - Can I change the viewport in GEM? The FAQ has some comment regarding
>  the default viewport, but little information on how to change it.

the helpfile Gem/gemwin.pd says some details in the viewing section:

>> messages to [gemwin] regarding the view-point ("camera"):
>>
>> set the clipping planes of the view-point. this might
>> be what you need \, if all the objects that re further away than 20
>> units suddenly disappear;
>> default: -1 1 -1 1 1 20
>>
>> translate the camera / set the viewpoint:: the viewing-direction
>> will not be changed.;
>> default: 0 0 4
>> the viewing direction defaults to "0 0 1" \, with y-axis
>> as "up"
>> translate/rotate camera/viewpoint \; the "up" direction
>> will still be the y-axis
>> view <view_x> <view_y> <view_z> <target_x> <target_y>
>> <target_z> <up_x> <up_y> <up_z>
>>
>> set viewpoint (view_X view_Y view_Z). the camera will
>> look at the target-point (target_X \, target_Y \, target_Z). "up" is
>> defined via the vector (up_X \, up_Y \, up_Z)
>> default: 0 0 4 0
>> default: 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 1 0

if you want to project on uneven surfaces (like a dome, a planetary, an
edge or a cave) you might be interested in
http://tot.sat.qc.ca/eng/lighttwist.html
http://vision3d.iro.umontreal.ca/

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/projection/
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/projection/3walls/