[PD] Gem snap2tex question.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 26 14:58:00 CET 2005

doktorp wrote:
> Greetings fellow Pd-ers.

> I cannot, however, get snap2tex to capture a texture with my patch. I
> have two separate gemheads as specified in the snap2tex help file, and
> have also changed their position in the patch to match the position in
> the helpfile (which from my pd understanding of top->down,right->left
> processing should change its rendering order, thus putting something 'in
> the buffer', yes?).
no!
absolute and relative positions of objects don't have any(!) meaning in
pd (withone notable exception: [inlet]s and [outlet]s match the
horizontal position of the accordings iolets of a patch)

the direction of processing is always from outlet to inlet (and since
outlets are on the bottom of an object and inlets are on the top of it
this looks like top-down most of the time)

you can specify the order, how separate gemlists are executed, by giving
the starting [gemhead] a "priority" (see the hlpe for [gemhead])

mfg.asdr
IOhannes