[PD] Live Microphone Input

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 27 19:52:32 CET 2005

astroboy2520 wrote:

> I am thinking about proposing a sound project for an upcoming show.  I
> would like to have an external microphone input 'listens' to the ambient
> sounds within the space, then have Pd looks at the different frequencies
> coming in.  There was  a post by Elliot Anderson way back in '99/'00 I
> believe that asked for a similar thing, but there were no follow-up
> posts to that message.  It could have been that people contacted him
> privately.  If anyone can point me to a direction as to how I can do
> this, I would greatly appreciate it.

i am afraid, that i have to tell you, that if you want to do audio
processing in real-time, you might want to go for pd.

the problem you are describing here, might have a solution in one of the
example patches that come with pd, or it might not.

i _strongly_ advise you, to go through the example-patches, at least
doc/3.audio.examples/

going through doc/4.fft.examples/ most probably won't hurt too (but you
never know)

what else ? fiddle~ around with some objects, and see what you get

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes