[PD] Mixer volume control

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 28 09:36:05 CET 2005

Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:

> [osc~]
> |
> |  [hslider]
> |  /
> [*~]

well, if you use this, please do not complain about clicks when changing
the volume.
if you want smooth transitions, you should rather go for [line~] to
convert the gain-message into a smooth gain-signal.

> I much prefer using the dbtorms~ object in between. Attached is a simple
> abstraction I always keep handy for controlling volume.

or use the [dbtorms]-object, which needs less CPU-power (this might be a
hairy assumption, as i have done no benchmarking: the [dbtorms~] object
will execute the conversion for each and every sample e.g. 44100 times
per second), while the [dbtorms] will only call it when it gets
triggered (which is usually for more seldom))

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes