[PD] GEM video

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 30 10:57:33 CET 2005

Owen Cartwright (hotmail) wrote:

> Hello,
>      I am running windows XP sp2, with the latest version of pd (and i'm
> pretty sure gem too)

i am not (in fact i am rather sure, you are _not_ using the latest and
greatest release for gem)

"the latest version of" is rather confusing (tends to be wrong pretty
soon), please refer to version numbers, like 0.38.2 (which is the
current release of pd) or 0.90.1 (which is current for gem on win)

 > and using a sony dv-firewire camera. When ever I
> try to render video input into a gemwin, pd.exe immediatley closes...

a well known bug found in 0.90.0 but fixed in 0.90.1 (this bug has been
the reason to release 0.90.1)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes