[PD] PD and GEM for virtual environments

doktorp doktorp at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 01:21:24 CET 2005

Out of curiosity, how does one enable this second option (2 separate
sub windows?)

A good friend of mine and I are working on a project (well, im helping
him with some basic stuff..)... for doing 3D video playback from
stereoscopic footage shot while skydiving. He has mounted 2 cameras to
his helmet and has recorded some footage, and we are looking for easy
ways to send frame accurate (read synched) video to two projectors, and
will probably end up using polarized filters and glasses to view. We
last tested max/jitter using a very large 1600x600 (2 800x600
quicktimes 'glued' together) and using jit.scissors to separate them to
two instances of jit.window. Even on a dual G5 2.5 Ghz with 4 Gb ram,
we dropped frames using mjpeg codec, but uncompressed video seemed to
be ok. I would like very much to use Gem, but since one cant
instantiate two windows (on OS X at least..), I thought it might not
work... I dont think that G5 ever worked that hard, which to me was
very very surprising.

Does anyone have any example patches doing something similar, and
keeping proper frame synch from either one, or two pix_movies? I have
great faith that Gem and PD will be much smoother.

Thanks much. You guys are all too cool!

These projects sound very interesting..

doktorp

http://homepage.mac.com/doktorp/