[PD] counting elapsed samples

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun Feb 6 00:28:39 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to resize an array after doing a tabwrite~ to it, like
soundfiler can automatically. This seems to me to be a trivial thing to
do, but I can't figure out how to get the number of elapsed samples. I
considered using a [timer], but last time I used that it was extremely
innaccurate, especially with high system loads.

Would a combination of [realtime] and [samplerate~] be accurate? I guess
I shy away from deducing the number of elapsed samples, as I'd rather
get the true number somehow--but this is the only way I can figure it
out so far. Any tips?

Thanks much,
Ian

--