[PD] Sharing sound-fonts (again)

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Feb 6 16:07:03 CET 2005

First, my aplogies to this list that I volunteered to do this mod to fluid~
and probably almost a year later, haven't had the time to tackle it yet.

Well, I might actually have a few hours later on today to work on this, and
just would like to see if the work would still be revelant.

The motivation in my case is to use a large piano sounfont, loaded only once,
and to use multiple instances of fluid~ to seperately process each voice.

The simplest idea I came up with would be to simply compare the file strings,
and if the same, to share the soundfount rather than loading it again.

If I don't hear from anyone about a better approach, I hope to go ahead and
tackle this.

One related questions - is it safe to use C++ STL as is, or should I redefine
the allocator to use pd_new (or whatever it's called)?

Larry