[PD] counting elapsed samples

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Mon Feb 7 16:07:31 CET 2005

Yes. Hm. As it turned out my method made Pd segfault. I couldn't isolate
the problem, but gdb pointed at tabread4~, so it was probably in the
fact that I was resizing the array and trying to read from it at about
the same time ;) If anyone's interested in the nitty gritty I'd be glad
to post it, i just didn't want to waste anyone's time since I couldn't
isolate it to a simple patch.

The fact that soundfiler does it in a separate thread gives me pause,
since my alternative still included resizing on the fly, just not doing
it to the same array I'm reading from. Would it be an easy task for me
to open the soundfiler code, and take out everything but resize, so I
could have a "resize array in separate thread" external? I know it
wouldn't fix the recompilation issues, but it would be better than
nothing, no? Or I could just have a bunch of enormous arrays sitting
around in case I want to use them..

Best,
ian

--