[PD] counting elapsed samples

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 7 16:59:49 CET 2005

Hallo,
Ian Smith-Heisters hat gesagt: // Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:

> Yes, that's my secondary solution, and actually what I ended up doing
> for the time being. It seems inefficient to me, however, to have a bunch
> of arrays sitting around that I'm not using entirely. While I won't run
> into a problem right away with a gig of memory, it won't be too long
> with such an inefficient model. However, this may be more efficient than
> trying to resize them on the fly. I'm always looking for the "right" or
> "elegant" way to do things in programming, but sometimes the way that
> works is elegant because it works at all.

In his keynote at Graz Miller at one point said - and quite impressed
me with it -, that for a certain problem related to data structures,
he already could think of a lot of *intelligent* solutions, but that
he hadn't yet found a *stupid* solution, and thus didn't implement any
solution yet.

I doubt that keeping track of the length qualifies as a "stupid"
solution, but it is stupider than the intelligent solution which would
be to wait for array resizing to finally work flawlessly. ;)

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38