[PD] New bugtracker bug: writesf~ 64-bit distorted files

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Feb 14 23:58:48 CET 2005

>On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:06:41PM -0700, thewade wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just added a new bug to the sourceforge bugtracker:
>> writesf~ 64-bit distorted files.
>>
>> My machine is an AMD 64-bit laptop with Fedora Core 3 test 1.
>> I am running the 2.6.10-lsm kernel and pd from CVS as of Feb 3.
>> gcc-3.4.1-2
>>
>> I am trying to read in files using readsf~ and I always get bad
>> header messages, so I do [open myfile.wave 0 200 2 2 l< and I
>> can read a file. I cannot get soundfiler to work.
>
>think i answered this twice already, but all the wav stuff works on linux-x86_64 >if you just override headers. this includes soundfiler, ive attached a patch to >create the proper string...
>
>youre right, one of us should learn enough C to be able to fix this stuff >ourselves, but somehow, fixing it via patching was more fun...

Like I said I can get readsf~ to read files by skipping headders. I
just figured out how to do that with soundfiler:
[read -raw 200 2 2 l myfile.wav array<
Thank you! But coupled with the one half array problem on 64-bit
machines...
http://www.aproximation.com/filer.jpg

If you can get your car to start by turning the wheel all the way
to the left and turning the ignition three times, wait for two
minuets and turn on the A/C does the car work correctly? :-)

What about writesf~? If I send the message with my left hand, but
type it with my right, maybe...

-thewade