[PD] [Maybe off-topic] Cocoa question for PD using Paradiddle

vade doktorp at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 07:13:39 CET 2005

Eric (on the share.dj list), or anyone else who may know out there in
the ether..

I have an NSColorWell that triggers the following IBAction, that is
sending its values to a bunch of NSSliders via this code:

- (IBAction)sendFontRGBA:(id)sender
{
	oneColor = [sender color];
	oneRed = [oneColor redComponent]; //floats declared in header
	oneBlue = [oneColor blueComponent]; //floats declared in header
	oneGreen = [oneColor greenComponent]; //floats declared in header

	[oneInvisibleBlue setFloatValue:oneBlue]; // set the sliders to the
color component..
	[oneInvisibleGreen setFloatValue:oneGreen];
	[oneInvisibleRed setFloatValue:oneRed];
}

Now, this works, and I can see the NSSlider Values change as I mess
with the NSColorWell... however... im using Paradiddle, and the
NSSliders (oneInvisibleGreen etc) are hooked up to send data to PD via
their respective tooltip values. This *works* (! and is very very
cool), but only if I MANUALLY CLICK THE SLIDERS and trigger some sort
of NSEvent, not if the NSColorWell programatically sets them.

How can I force NSSLider to act like it has been mouse clicked so I can
use a freaking COLOR WELL in PD instead of a bunch of fucking
sliders??? This is an extreme hack that I shouldnt have to do anyway..
as Paradiddle should automatically take the float argb values from the
NSColorWell and shoot them over to PD anyway.. with this method
eventually once it works the NSSliders will be invisible (thus my
stupid name)..

anyone have any idea what im talking about? ;)

thanks. :)