[PD] PD on LinuxPPC...

vze26m98 vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Feb 17 02:59:11 CET 2005

HI all-

I built a copy of PD 0.38-0 on my Macintosh Pismo which is running a
Debian Woody (2.4) distro.

PD works OK, kind of, and I was wondering if others had any experience
with this configuration.

I'm using the OSS driver dma_sound. If I run PD without any command line
options, I'm confronted with the error OSS: SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS failed
/dev/dsp. No sound produced in this case.

I can run PD with the -noadc option and it will produce sound just fine.

In every case, I get a message that PD's request for an 8816 bytes audio
bufffer returned 4096 bytes.

MIDI doesn't work either, can't open any MIDI devices.

Anyone had any experince with this?  Is it fixable, or some limitation
of OSS/LinuxPPC 2.4?

Best,

Charles

<vze26m98 at optonline.net>