[PD] Jack with osx

Julian Peterson julianpeterson at mac.com
Fri Feb 18 16:26:14 CET 2005

Howdy--

Has anyone built a jack-enabled binary for osx?  I've been able to find
older versions of PD, but not 0.38-2.
Or, better yet, has anyone on osx gotten past this particular dilemma:
when I run ./configure it always fails with:

checking tcl.h usability... yes
checking tcl.h presence... yes
checking for tcl.h... yes
checking for main in -ltcl8.7... no
checking for main in -ltcl8.6... no
checking for main in -ltcl8.5... no
checking for main in -ltcl8.4... yes
checking for main in -ltk8.7... no
checking for main in -ltk8.6... no
checking for main in -ltk8.5... no
checking for main in -ltk8.4... no
checking for main in -ltk8.3... no
checking for main in -ltk8.2... no
checking for main in -ltk8.0... no
no tk library found

I have tcl tk installed on my system, (you see it does find tcl8.4,
just not tk8.4).  I can edit the makefile directly and fix the tcl/tk
problem and get pd to compile, but I'm not able to get it to do so with
jack support.  I need one of two fixes:
either to get the configure script to recognize tk and then (hopefully)
continue on to add jack support, or I need to know how to edit the
makefile that ships with pd to add jack support for my machine.  Any
ides are appreciated.
-Julian Peterson