[PD] Trigger bug?

Thomas Ouellet Fredericks iamonthebeach at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 06:20:47 CET 2005

Trigger does take an "a" as an argument. It stands for "anything". Attached
is the documentation distributed with Miller's PD since it seems you have a
different source of information.

Tom

#N canvas 58 142 689 359 12;
#X msg 28 149 2.5;
#X msg 126 151 bang;
#X msg 68 150 23 64;
#X obj 28 242 print x1;
#X obj 112 242 print x2;
#X obj 196 240 print x3;
#X obj 43 26 trigger;
#X obj 286 241 print x4;
#X text 114 27 - sequence messages in right-to-left order;
#X text 417 331 updated for Pd version 0.33;
#X text 81 290 the above can be abbreviated as:;
#X msg 172 152 symbol dog;
#X text 39 59 The trigger object outputs its input from right to left
\, converting to the types indicated by its creation arguments. There
is also a "pointer" argument type (see the pointer object.);
#X obj 381 293 t f b l s a;
#X msg 466 167 dog my cats;
#X obj 466 199 trigger bang anything;
#X obj 374 242 print x5;
#X obj 466 240 print y1;
#X obj 552 242 print y2;
#X obj 28 202 trigger float bang symbol list anything;
#X text 464 122 "anythings" can only;
#X text 461 142 be converted to bang:;
#X connect 0 0 19 0;
#X connect 1 0 19 0;