[PD] Bug in PD 0.38-2 windoze?

martin dupras martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk
Sat Feb 19 18:07:51 CET 2005

Hi,

I just downloaded and tried pd 0.38-2 from Miller's site (Win
executable, both the zip file and the .exe) and there seems to be a bug.
I tested this on two different laptops both running XP.

If one chooses help->pure documentation and opens a file from one of the
directories (any file) the canvas that opens has a title bar with
something like 'x902f50' and none of the patch displays.

Also, I noticed that this new version seems to pick up laucnh
preferences from somewhere. I normally always launch pd with a .bat
file, so I was surprised to see that pd was trying to launch with the
flags from my .bat file. Does it create the equivalent of .pdrc file? Where?

- martin