[PD] Trigger bug?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 21 18:31:19 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> the implicit conversion is simply incorrect for the [t a] case, while
> it works perfectly ok for all other cases.  So, I am not so sure --
> the [t a] feature was added on top of already existing implementation.
> Besides, it is too late for making the default Pd trigger fully
> Max-compatible.  For the record, in Max:
> [t 1], for any input, outputs the integer 1, [t a], for any input,
> outputs the message 'a' ('a' is the selector) [t l] works pretty much
> like Pd's [t a] (horribly, it converts bang to 0 as well...)

Yeah, I think that PureData should be made compatible with Max only when
there is no reason to do otherwise... If there are annoyances in Max then
there should be no urge to duplicate them. Unfortunately there are also
annoyances in PureData that just stay there because of inertia and
backwards-compatibility.