[PD] problem with switch~ and downsampling in 0.38-0test7

Matthias Blau blau_m at web.de
Mon Feb 21 21:51:30 CET 2005

In my opinion, the whole thing looks like switch~ sometimes does the
switching in the upsampled (parent patch) domain although it sits in the
subpatch, thereby generating high-frequency components at the interface
between parent (upsampled) patch and subpatch.
In any case, if switch~ is used without downsampling, and the
downsampling is then done in yet another subpatch using block~, then all
problems disappear.
Thus, it appears that one should not use switch~ together with downsampling.
--Matthias