[PD] flash/pd

clemos cl3mos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:32:04 CET 2005

hi

there's a special object for this too, that's called 'flashserver',
and which is quite nice, as it's able to handle several users, inputs
and outputs, etc ...
there was a nice exemple .fla included in the package I had, which
isn't provided in pd's standard ditro (any more ?) ...
it uses flash XMLSocket objects, which are by the way easy to use, so
that if you experience the whole stuff a bit you should quickly get
nice results.
an exemple (which I didn't try) can be found here too :
http://www.puredata.org/Members/patrick/patches/view?searchterm=flashserver

another solution, which I never tried yet, is to send and receive OSC
messages, with a flash lib called flosc and osc features from pd...
I don't know it much, but it looks like it's using the same
XMLSockets, but is pluggable to any OSC compatible soft.
http://www.benchun.net/flosc/