[PD] flash/pd

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Tue Feb 22 22:34:26 CET 2005

Hi,
You can do PHP to PD without using OSC.

$fp = fsockopen("hostname",port);

will open a socket connection to a netreceive in a pd patch. Rather use
udp? Then:

$fp = fsockopen("udp://hostname", port);

fputs($fp,"message;\n");

will write "message" to the PD netreceive (note the ";\n" line
terminator. Actually I think it's enough to have just ";").

But I don't know how you plan to make your pages receive data unless you
make them update every 1/2 second or so. However that could cause
problems with slider positions if it updates while a user is moving one.
Tricky.

best,
Pall

lluis wrote:
> hi all ;)
>
> look at this only if you are looking for an free software solution ...
>
> http://www.artefacte.org/docs/osc.html
>
> no flash. just php+javascrit.
>
> salut.
>

> On Tuesday 22 February 2005 19:41, MvH wrote:
>
>>I too sometimes have very detailed descriptions of projects and websites
>>in my dreams. They sometimes inspire me to do something really practical
>>in the real world :)
>>
>>cheers!
>>
>>mvh...
>>
>>joreg wrote:
>>
>>>hm..
>>>
>>>still not. but thanks for your interpretation. i have really nothing
>>>more than this view of the site in mind. a large site with much text to
>>>scroll. left side menu in red/orange. and the whole site was dedicated
>>>to experiments about a gui-replacement or not full replacement but just
>>>an alternative view.. for pd-patches realized in flash. and it was not
>>>so long ago...
>>>
>>>sorry if you have something better to do than reading about the
>>>fantasies of a growing up.
>>>joreg.

Pall Thayer
artist/teacher