[PD] saving/loading contents of multiple $0-arrays

Michael Berkowski berk0081 at tc.umn.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:00:20 CET 2005

Greetings everyone,

Looking though the list archive, I can't seem to find info on what I'm trying to achieve, though I am almost sure I've read it before.

I'm building an abstraction which holds 4 graphical arrays to be used as transfer functions for my waveshaping abstraction.  User draws the upper half of the function, and it is loaded symmetrically into another table of 2x length.  The idea is to have 4 or 8 or 12 tables immediately ready to load into my waveshaper with only a "set" message.

Using multiple instances of this abstraction, after saving all the arrays' contents to files, I would ideally like to be able to load the tables from disk automatically, rather than to manually open several files.  The problem, of course, is that the $0 won't usually be the same, so I can't generate filenames that way.  Does anyone have an elegant solution to manage saved contents of many arrays?

I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

Michael Berkowski
michael-AT-berkowski-DOT-net
http://www.berkowski.net/