[PD] Help - GEM on Windows XP

Phillip Stearns mindphone_divided at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 17:29:04 CET 2005

I downloaded the gem-bin-doc-0.90.0.zip file and have
follewed the instructions on the install.  Everything
seems to be in the proper place (i.e. Gem.dll is in
the extra folder and all documents are where they
ought to be), however, when I attempt to open any of
the gem help files or create any gem objects, I get
the error "cannot create".  It is as though PD is not
fuction to load binaries on next start up or if this
is even the right place to manually tell PD where the
Gem.dll is.  I have tried entering things like -lib
c:/pd/gem/Gem.dll (which is the location of the
extracted files) and -lib c:/pd/extra/Gem.dll (which
is the location of the installed file).  Nothing seems
to work.  I don't know if this has anything to do with
case sensitivity either.  On another note, I have
gotten PD to recognize the pmpd.dll with no problem
what so ever.  So putting the .dll file in the extras
seems to be on the right track.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks
-Phil