[PD] gem renders a teapot with 2 heads!

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 17:58:35 CET 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 5:33 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> import a 3-D image made in another program.
>
> use [model] to load .OBJ-files (alias|wavefront)
>
> currently only this format is supported, but i have started to write
> loaders for other formats (like 3ds, and...) but haven't got too far
> right now...

...good news:  I also have a "proposal"/working code for multiple
loaders...all I'm doing is opening the file, checking the extension,
then calling the appropriate loader...simple enuff!  This much is
working, I'm just getting around how to remove the other glm* stuff in
a more abstract way...also, do we want all the loader code in one file,
or seperate out into format specific files?

>> is there a good website where i can get links to ppl involved in the
>> visual side of PD, or other objects for visual pd use ????  i can find
>> plenty of stuff about audio, but not so much stuff about GEM and
>> whatever.
>
> well, set it up at puredata.org

...I think this'd be a great idea!  There are quite a few visual
externals:  GEM, pdp/pidip, gridflow, MaPod, framestein, etc...Now if
only I can get away from that damnably addictive compiler...

l8r,
james