[PD] poll: common problems when sharing performance patches

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 26 19:37:43 CET 2005

For the next phase of my [hid] toolkit project, I want to focus on
addressing issues that make it difficult to share performance patches
made with it.   RRADical is a very good example of what I am trying to
accomplish with the HID side of things.So I thought I'd start with an
informal poll of common problems people have when trying to use someone
else's performance patch.  The most obvious one that I can think of
right now would be getting the correct objects and libraries, and then
there are the name conflicts.  These are things that are being
addressed, albeit slowly.

I am particularly interested in patching styles, object functionality,
etc. that makes sharing performance patches easier or harder.

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                                               Dr.
Martin Luther King, Jr.