[PD] Best PD-GEM Performance Computer ... + wiki

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Mon Feb 28 12:50:53 CET 2005

Hi,

We have to assemble one special PD/GEM Performance Computer and also I always
got some questions about Computer best for PD performance.

I Started a Wiki which discuss dedicated PD Computers (also embedded ones). If
someone has made some special hardware and/or experiences, it would be nice
it will be shown there... http://puredata.info/community/projects/pdcomputer/

My questions now:

a) Quadro vs. geforce:  If I want display on multiple large screens, (is
there) what is the benefits of NVIDIA quadro cards to geforce (eg. 6800 SLI)
on signal quality rendering benefits. ?

Which feature are most important projecting on big screens ?

b) If I do 4 projections on a big screen so they are merged to one picture,
must the video be displayed in frame sync (maybe using more than one
computer) from the beamer/videocard view (not the video frames as
content).  ?

mfg winfried
- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch
- ritsch at iem.at - http://iem.at/ritsch
- Institut fuer Elektronische Musik und Akustik
- University of Music and Dramatic Art Graz
- Tel. ++43-316-389-3510 (3170) Fax ++43-316-389-3171
- PGP-ID 69617A69 (see keyserver http://wwwkeys.at.gpg.net/)