[PD] [pmpd] - meaning of messages

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 28 19:13:03 CET 2005

Hallo,
cyrille hat gesagt: // cyrille wrote:
> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >Just to really get this into my head: If I use a mass-id of "2" in an
> >"out"-message like "out 1 0 2 0.3" , what will come out of the outlet
> >0:
> >
> >1) the position of a mass (or all masses) created with id==2 as in
> >"mass 2 m0 x0" or
> >
> >2) the pos. of the mass created as the second mass in the system or
> >
> >3) the pos. of the mass created as the third mass?
>
> you'll have 3).

Okay, got it. ;)

But then I suppose there is a bug or something somewhere in the patch
I posted in my reply to Ben's mail. Somehow the first two outlets of
pmpd don't get any data and stay at 0 or at the position, I set them
to with posX messages. I really wonder why this is so. The messages
sent to [pmpd] suggest, that even those first two masses should
receive forces and change position. Here is a full log:

pmpd: reset
pmpd: mass 0 1 0
pmpd: mass 1 1 1
pmpd: mass 2 1 2
pmpd: mass 3 1 3
pmpd: mass 4 1 4
pmpd: mass 5 1 5
pmpd: mass 6 1 6
pmpd: mass 7 1 7
pmpd: mass 8 1 8
pmpd: mass 9 1 9
pmpd: link 1 8 9 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 7 8 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 6 7 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 5 6 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 4 5 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 3 4 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 2 3 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 1 2 0.01 0.003
pmpd: link 1 0 1 0.01 0.003
pmpd: out 1 0 0 0.1
pmpd: out 1 1 1 0.1
pmpd: out 1 2 2 0.1
pmpd: out 1 3 3 0.1
pmpd: out 1 4 4 0.1
pmpd: out 1 5 5 0.1
pmpd: out 1 6 6 0.1
pmpd: out 1 7 7 0.1
pmpd: out 1 8 8 0.1
pmpd: out 1 9 9 0.1

As you see, I create 10 masses, then 10 links with every mass
connected to the next mass. Then every mass is connected to its own
outlet. Still the outlets 0 and 1 stay silent when the system is set
into motion. They also don't seem to react to "forceX 0 0.4" messages.
Do you have any idea why this could be so?

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38