[PD] pdp/pidip video playback quicktime?

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 05:05:33 CET 2005

hola,

> Hey pd-ers,
> I've tried every .mov file I have with pidip (the example quicktime.pd patch),
and for all of them it says:

> pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported video codec
> pdp_qt: ERROR: no usable video stream found.

> how can I get the codecs I need to use pdp\pidip in this way? (I am running
ubuntu linux, so any debian
> know-how should help)

the problem is this, its name is, mm, err, ubuntu,
as we recently discovered in a workshop,
the quicktime version of the stable ubuntu doesn't work AT ALL.

use the development version of ubuntu or install libquicktime from sources
and use photo-JPEG or Sorenson.

suerte,
sevy