[PD] PD/Audio in redhat or suse

jmmmp jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Tue Mar 1 17:28:48 CET 2005

Hello,

I have Redhat in my laptop (Thinkpad R51), but so far had - almost - only
bad experiences. My teacher tried to install planet ccrma, jack and other of
the more recent programs, but it is much harder as one expects (and he is an
expert).
I am seriously thinking about changing to suse, that besides it is much
"nicer" in general, I know it is designed for my computer. I looked in the
archives, but could find no satisfatory answer: would there be a reason not
to do this change? (I don't mind building the programs, sometimes the rpms
remind me of windows' automatic install) although it isn't possible to
install ccrma in suse (?), there are also low-latency kernels, or other ways
to get a satisfactory result with live-audio. (I have the rme pcmcia
interface + multiface combo)

Greetings,

João Miguel Pais

Lugostr. 14