[PD] PD/Audio in redhat or suse

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Mar 2 00:03:39 CET 2005

ix at replic.net wrote:
> afaik - Ubuntu takes a "snapshot" of debian-unstable every 6 months. only a few selected apps are updated more often (say Firefox, that sort of thing). whatever audio packages guenter and agnula ppl etc maintain for debian are praobably not on that short-list. plus, it does not have KDE..

It should be possible to access the debian SID repository from Ubuntu
for certain applications, like PD and KDE. Then the main advantage of
Ubuntu is probably its installation, which I hear is great (though I've
personally had nothing but trouble).

The main gripe I hear about debian is its installation. It can be hairy,
but I've personally never had a problem, and its new installer is even
better at auto-detection.

Aside from that, the thing that bothers me about debian is the
difficulty of making packages, as compared to, say, arch-linux. But it
sounds like that's not going to be an issue for João.

...and another 2 cents.

-I