[PD] Gem fullscreen bug.

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Mar 1 21:56:49 CET 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 2:37 PM, vade wrote:

> Actually, out of habit I used pd_filmYUV+pix_texture. If pix_movie is
> indeed faster (this is news to me, I thought the YUV gl path was
> fastest..), I will re-try it on the machine and post results.

pix_movie is pretty much pix_film+texture in one object.  The
difference on OSX is that the combination of the Quicktime and GL code
allows for better coordination of the two.  DMA texture transfers don't
produce artifacts as sometimes happens with pix_film and pix_texture.
Of course you can't do any pix_ processing using pix_movie, but I
figured you weren't doing any based on the first message.

> What codec did you use for the 1080i footage?

I used photo-jpeg to compress some uncompressed HD.  This was probably
prior to FCP HD and the Apple codecs, but it's same number of pixels
just progressive rather than interlaced.  The Apple codecs aren't that
dissimilar to JPEG compression - if anything they are probably faster.

> Where are you? If youre around NYC id be more than happy to give you
> some time on a G5 machine to do some optimizations :)

I'm in Chicago, but thanks for the offer.