[PD] devel_0.38 pb loading externals?

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Wed Mar 2 14:31:20 CET 2005

Thomas Grill wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
> yes, puzzling, because i never encountered this... does -verbose say
> anything more?
> Also, did you recompile flext and py for Miller's PD version before

yes i did unfortunately ;-)
i know that you did not encounter this pb (we had this discussion a
while ago), i am really unsure myself why this happens - it's quite
strange (i might have messed up something somewhere).
i 'll manage anyway with an older version of py - no worry
it's just that i feel a bit frustrated not being able to follow the
latest developpement of this really excellent work.

by the way, i just discover recently the send and receive method of
"py". this is a really cool feature for  changing remotely and in a
scripting-manner the configs of a complex Pd patch for example.

Tim,
I commented out the line 31 in s_stuff.h
// #define QUALIFIED_NAME "/"

rebuilt pd, flext and dyn~
same thing happened.

the puzzle's getting bigger ;-)