[PD] devel_0.38 pb loading externals?

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Mar 2 17:11:21 CET 2005

Are you on linux or OSX?

I am having similar problems on my OSX box, with Miller's 38-3. Specifically
with flext externals compiled from CVS myself, not from those I got from Thomas
Grill.

I tried both pool and xsample and they both will not load, have not tried py yet.

My PD exits as yours when I use xgroove. (signal 4)

I ran:
% gdb pd
(gdb) run -lib xsample

and when pd quits I see that its trapped in an illegal instruction, caused by
the symbol Z19xgroove_titlde_setupv.eh

Pool does a similar thing but dies with an unrsolved symbol of:
_ZN12flext_single10VersionStrEv.eh

Could you run gdb and tell us what is causing pd to bail?

I'd be curious to hear if we're having the same problem... (with flext!) I've
had no issues with other externals.

B,