[PD] keyboard-interface (hid?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 2 18:25:24 CET 2005

Unless you want to be an alpha tester for the [hid] object (which would
be much appreciated :), I would suggest using [linuxevent] for now.
Each USB keyboard should have its out /dev/input/event? device, so you
would have one [linuxevent] object for each keyboard.  This is a lower
level than getting the info from X.

IIRC, the keyboard keys are not yet fully mapped with the [hid] object.
  Its not the most exciting project, it basically involves writing a
lookup table to translate Linux input key types to [hid] key types.

.hc