[PD] basic OS x install problems

Gair Dunlop gair at easynet.co.uk
Sat Mar 5 14:18:24 CET 2005

Dear friends, I did have PD working but now it's not. An inspiring
workshop with derek Holzer and Aymeric had me going with a quite
interesting video mixer. however, after a serious crash, no luck. the
interface appears for a fraction of a second then vanishes.

I have tried a clearout and a re-install. in console i get the message

dyld: /Applications/pure
data/Pd-0.38-0test4HCS1.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../bin/pd can't
open library: /sw/lib/libgsl.0.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

How do I fix this?

I am not a programmer by background. I have been struggling with this
for ages and `am VERY frustrated.
Is there anywhere a tutorial/online material on how to use
console/terminal etc, and what the commands mean.

sorry to appear stupid but it's the basics that need to be addressed in
order to widen access...

regards from G