[PD] Error at 'pd' startup : bad option "map": must be compare, first, index, last, length, match,

Jacques Lav!gnotte jacques at pollux.frmug.org
Sat Mar 5 23:30:52 CET 2005

Hello,

Sorry is this is a FAQ, Google returned noting about his.

I just finish compiling puredata with the sources from CVS
on an Ubuntu linux box.

gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-9ubuntu5)

pd -version
Pd version 0.39 TEST 0
compiled 23:14:14 Mar  5 2005

I ran "automake", "configure" then "make all"

No error are reported and the binaries are generated.

At startup

$ /home/jacques/pd-stuff/sources/pd/bin/pd

I get :

bad option "map": must be compare, first, index, last, length, match, range, tolower, toupper, trim, trimleft, trimright, wordend, or wordstart

When browsing 'config.log' one can find :

configure:2149: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
configure:2155: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif

then
configure:2603: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:9:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:2609: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

Can anyone help me to find what's going wrong ? Thanks,

                      Jacques