[PD] Found but *not* solved : Error at 'pd' startup : bad option "map": must be compare, first, index, last, length, match,

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Sun Mar 6 19:28:34 CET 2005

Hi,

You might also try the precompiled Debian package of pd

apt-get install puredata

If you have problems with it please let me know.

Guenter

PS:
(Please don't take this personally)

apropos Debian, Ubuntu, Agnula, Demudi, Knoppix and any other incarnation
of Debian distributions:

I am packaging Pd for the Debian distribution for 6 years or so, funny
that I could count the bug reports from the pd community on one hand. On
the other hand we see messages of people who try to compile pd themselves
on a Debian system constantly cluttering this list. Please stop this.
Help to improve the Debian package by sending feedback and suggestions
about the Debian package, instead of wasting time by trying to compile
it yourself.