[PD] keyboard-interface (hid?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Mar 7 08:36:02 CET 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:

> Hallo!
>

>> Yeah, that is possible, you need to specify each mouse separately in
>> /etc/X11/SF86Config-4.  Then do this for the mouse that you want to
>> use
>> with X:
>>         InputDevice    "Mouse2" "SendCoreEvents"
> Thanks very much. I managed it now, but:
>

>> Sounds like you need to "modprobe evdev"
> The modul evdev is loaded per default. Don't know, I have only:
>
> holzi at holzi:/dev/input$ ls
> event0  event2  js0  js2  mice    mouse1  mouse3
> event1  event3  js1  js3  mouse0  mouse2
> (event0 = touchpad, event1 = laptop keyboard, event2 and mouse1 = 1.
> additional mouse, event3 = sound, mouse2 = 2. additional mouse)
>
> So is there maybe an other way, to get more /dev/input/event* ?

Yes, you just need to make the devices.  I think that the module is
compiled to support up to 32 devices.  (#define EVDEV_MINORS 32)  Like
this, for as many as you need:

mknod /dev/input/event0 c 13 64
mknod /dev/input/event1 c 13 65
mknod /dev/input/event2 c 13 66
mknod /dev/input/event3 c 13 67
mknod /dev/input/event4 c 13 68
mknod /dev/input/event5 c 13 69
mknod /dev/input/event31 c 13 95

> (Also I don't know where's the 2. keyboard? - It's at least nowhere in
> /dev/input/* !?)

It should show up once you create more devices.

.hc

> Thank you again,
> LG
> Georg
>
> --
> SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
> Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms

____

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!