[PD] colored/swooping cables

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Mon Mar 7 19:16:36 CET 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:18:16AM -0500, robertgarvin at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I was looking around online and saw this website:
> http://lab.andre-michelle.com/
> if you scroll down to the "velocity" category, and click on cables, it bring up a very interesting idea. Is there an extern that makes one of the following:

> 1. colored cables (in the main window, not some gui thing. but in the place where most patches are normally made).

ix_0_39 has colored cables:   http://whats-your.name/pd/gui/q.PNG

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co pd/
cd pd/src && wget http://whats-your.name/pd/ix039.patch && patch -p0 < ix039.patch

to set colors, either edit the top of pd.tk in the ::pdtheme section, or while its running, eg:
set ::pdtheme::object greeen , then refresh the window (minimizing/unminimizing will do.)

> OR
> 2. Swooping cables (i think this would be rather bothersome though, having cables swoop all over the place, etc.)

seen that in a number of VST plugins like MOOG/ARP simulations..you could do it in pd, but it would be a lot of work , id want to wait until the GUI wasnt so embedded in the C..you could proably get it looking similar to that with a bit of work in TkZinc..