[PD] Repairing wav files written by pd 64bit

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 9 00:41:12 CET 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, thewade wrote:

> I looked at d_soundfile.c briefly and didnt see anything in the 1 min
> scan, but I have to go and cant really get into it today. I was
> hoping that someone more fimiliar with that file will immediately
> recognize the problem. Otherwise I will look at it tonight hopefully.

I am looking at both pd-0.38-4 and devel_0_38, and I see something to fix
in d_soundfile.c. Change the definition of uint32 so that it's really 32
bits:

typedef unsigned int uint32; /* long isn't 32-bit on amd64 */

I just applied this fix to devel_0_38.

I don't claim that this is the last such bug. I also don't have a K8 so I
can't test.