[PD] gem - pix_buffer strangeness

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 9 21:20:12 CET 2005

Ben,

> the BEST way to do this in Gem is to make a
> different square/rectangle for each image
> and stack them on top of one and other

sounds promising - unfortunately, this approach
doesn't fit into the framework of the thingie i want
to use this patch for (a vj-tool). it's based on
input->filter->output-chains, and their
interconnections are one and only one gem-renderchain.
I would have to do rendering in the input-part and
make snapshots there, and i'm somewhat reluctant to do
so ...

> make the mix. This is much more simple, much easier,
> and way way more
> optimized.

then again, this sounds convincing. hmm.
at the moment i'm tempted to screw my approach and do
the mixing in a really dull and ugly (but working) way
- buffered with (number of pics-1) pix_composite
objects.

with kind regards,
thoralf.