[PD] FTDI 232 /245 module

mike2005 at acc.ocad.on.ca mike2005 at acc.ocad.on.ca
Wed Mar 9 21:43:07 CET 2005

Hi Ben,

Yes, as you have said the trick is getting the ascii numbers to be
characters. Marc Lavalee's objects are .pd_linux and I have not yet
looked into the issues of recompiling the source for XP and OS X but it
seems from your next message that you have; so how about compiling an
ascii.pd and an ascii.pd_darwin for all us hardware types? We can post
them at aid.interaccess.org etc. I want to use the FTDI 232 with AID and
PD. converting to ascii is the only thing in my way right now.

If you do I will write up some user docs for using comport on OS X,
which are sorely missing.

Mike