[PD] multipoint touchscreen

cyrille cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Thu Mar 10 11:25:44 CET 2005

hello,

i quickly tried one.
my point of view is that :
- sensing the finger are surprisingly fast : it look like you can play
percussion on it.
- I like the physical point of view for the movement of fader or other
objects. :-)
- I really like the possibility to change the layout of the gui while
playing

- no haptic feedback (of course)
- no pressure information
- max velocity of the fader in not so fast.
(i hope this limitation could be change in future upgrade)

i don't think you'll ever be able to have the gui of your software in
this device, but a custum made gui.
it work a bit like gripd (you build your gui and then connect to the
software) but for any OSC software environement.

image and surface quality are ok, good manufacturing quality.
it's very cool. (and expensive)

cyrille