[PD] Segmented patch chords?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 10 20:01:10 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, brendan asselstine wrote:

> is jMax dead because the Java VM is too slow for DSP?

first, jMax is dead because IRCAM killed it. It wasn't dead enough so they
killed it again. It looks as if it was created to compete with Pd and
didn't quite succeed at it. I stopped using jMax in february 2004 and
since then I strongly encourage any remaining jMax users/lurkers to
definitely switch to Pd.

The DSP doesn't run in the JVM. The messagesystem doesn't run in the JVM
either. The JVM/Java/Swing is only for the GUI, (almost) just like Pd uses
Tcl/Tk for that.