[PD] Segmented patch chords?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 10 20:12:32 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, federico wrote:

> would be nice to have "intelligent wires".
[...]
> then this path can be rendered with lines, bezier, exp, various
> f(n)'s.... and you don't have to store those segments information in the
> patch, because they are computed by a kinda of AI :)
> what do you think about it?

Yes, it's a good idea, and I was thinking about that last year when I was
about to implement the feature for real. I had decided that wires would
have three possible drawing-modes:

 * non-segmented
 * auto-segmented
 * manually-segmented

Those three modes are per-wire, so a same patcher could contain a mix of
the three modes of wires.

I haven't really tried any auto-segmentation, but I predict that users
will want to do some manual segmentation too.