how (many) are we [was: Re: [PD] Segmented patch chords?]

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Fri Mar 11 06:52:55 CET 2005

That's the thing. I have personally met one other person that uses PD.
Otherwise, I know of you guys only via the list.

Another interesting demographic question would be what are the
national/gender makeups. Is there a single female that, say, has a
developer's account on the CVS?

There was a discussion on Ars Technica a while back about the prevalence
of men in programming. Somewhere in there came up the fact that during
the internet boom autism rates in Silicon Valley went up 200%. Autism
effects men more than women for some reason that no one can figure out.
Also, the profile of asperger's syndrome (high-functioning autism) is
the same profile of a geek: anti-social, amazing ability to focus on
details no one else can see.

Anyway. I count 2 Pd users and a bunch of emails that may be generated
by bots.

-Ian

--
http://www.0x09.com