how (many) are we [was: Re: [PD] Segmented patch chords?]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Mar 11 11:02:32 CET 2005

Hi Ian and all,

Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:

> Anyway. I count 2 Pd users and a bunch of emails that may be generated
> by bots.

I am definitely a bot.

And I have taught about 90-100 other bots at least the opening stages of
using PD, although I'm not sure they count as "users" yet in many cases.
I tend to gravitate towards other PD bots at festivals, workshops and
hackmeetings in Europe quite frequently, and there must be at least 40
that I see semi-regularly...

Seems like the main difference in people's experiences meeting other
users is whether or not they live in Europe. I don't think there's less
PDers in the States, but they are much farther apart, and there's simply
no interesting venues for new media art in the States [festivals and the
like] so they never have a chance to meet each other.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 36: