[PD] Interpolation in xgroove~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Mar 12 15:48:51 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm not quite sure how xgroove~ handles 4-point interpolation compared
to tabread4~ in regard to table length. tabread4~ requires indices
from 1 to size-2, so if I want to tabread4~ some table from m to n
then the whole table must be at least "1 + |n-m| + 2" elements big,
IIR.

Is the same required for xgroove~i in 4-point mode? Or can I skip for
example the first sample or the last two? And if the table is then
just as big as the range set in xgroove~ (say by using the "all"
message): How will xgroove~ interpolate at the ends? By just wrapping
around to the other end?

Some kind of wrapping interpolation actually is what I'm after, as I'm
in need of an interpolation dynamic wavetable oscillator and xgroove~
handles dynamically changing wave-table contents much better than
tabread4~. If someone has suggestions for alternative approaches to
dynamic wavetable oscs, I would welcome them, too.

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38